The readings (Year B of the Liturgical Calendar) and dates for the upcoming services are:
- December 3, 12 noon; First Sunday of Advent; 1 Corinthians 1.3–9; Mark 13.24–37; Rev Rodney Holder officiating
- December 10, 10:30 am; Second Sunday of Advent; Isaiah 40.1-11; Mark 1.1–8; Rev Shirley Holder officiating
- December 17, 12 noon; Third Sunday of Advent; 1 Thessalonians 5.16–24; John 1.6–8, 19–28; Inaugeration of our new priest Rev. Pearly Walter, Archdeacon Leslie Nathaniel officiating
- December 17, Evening: 6pm; Service of Nine Lessons and Carols followed by minced pies and mulled wine
- December 24, 10:30 am; Fourth Sunday of Advent/Christmas Eve; Romans 16.25–27; Luke 1.26–38
- December 25, Christmas Day morning prayer, 10:30; Titus 2.11–14; Luke 2.1–14 [15–20]
Looking to the Future: The Service of Nine Lessons and Carols will be held at the church on December 17th at 6 pm followed by mulled wine and minced pies at the Stadt Mission at Plöck 16.
All are welcome. If you feel more comfortable, you are certainly welcome to wear a mask but we are no longer requiring them to be worn. We have started using the chalice again for communion. If you are leary of using a common cup, it is completely acceptable to commune only taking the bread, but I encourage you to read this explanation of the safety of receiving communion with the chalice.
We invite you to stay and enjoy coffee, tea and conversation after the service. In inclement weather there is space at the back of the church, but with warm weather we encourage people to gather outside the church doors.
Bible Studies and Discussion Groups
An Online Advent Bible Study will be offered on December 7th and 14th at 7:30 pm.